Date Sent: 11/07/2014 02:35 PM EST
Sender: Michigan Health Alert Network
Subject: CORRECTION: Ebola Response Update 11-07-2014
-- Correction -- The latest version of the "Four Tiers of Michigan Hospitals Ebola Preparedness & Response" is attached. Please disregard the previous version.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is working with other U.S. government agencies, the World Health Organization, and other domestic and international partners in an international response to the current Ebola outbreak in West Africa. CDC has activated its Emergency Operations Center to respond to Ebola. The Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) Community Health Emergency Coordination Center (CHECC) has been partially activated to enhance public health preparedness and coordination efforts for Ebola. Included in this message are new guidance documents that we hope will be useful to you and your organization. Please share with your colleagues and networks. Michigan's Ebola Website can be found at http://www.michigan.gov/ebola
New and Updated Resources and Information:
1. Four Tiers of Michigan Hospitals Ebola Preparedness & Response (Attached) - November 5, 2014
2. Resources for Parents, Schools, and Pediatric Healthcare Professionals - November 4, 2014
3. Interim Guidance for the U.S. Residence Decontamination for Ebola and Removal of Contaminated Waste - November 4, 2014
4. Information for Travelers - November 3, 2014
5. CDC has redesigned its Ebola website focused on Information for Healthcare Workers and Settings into a new, more user-friendly format. The healthcare worker page, located athttp://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/hcp/index.html, now has additional headers for all target audiences/issues with shortened hyperlink titles to make it easier to navigate.
6. Ebola Cases and Deaths (West Africa) - As of November 4, 2014:
Total Cases: 13268
Laboratory-Confirmed Cases: 8168
Total Deaths: 4960
*Case counts updated in conjunction with the World Health Organization updates and are based on information reported by the Ministries of Health.
7. CDC Ebola Key Points (Attached) - Updated November 5, 2014
## This message is being sent to the following statewide roles: Communicable Disease / Infection Prevention | Communications / Public Information | EMS / First Responder | Emergency Preparedness | Epidemiology | Heath Officer | Healthcare | Laboratory | Physician / Medical Director ##